What does a successful business look like? It’s not a one-day job to build a business into a brand. It requires a well-maintained strategy and strictly follows it. Therefore, blogging also needs a methodology. Blogs are not only for educating audiences but also a great medium to transform audiences into customers. Consequently, you must know how to write a blog for your business.
Anyone can write but not every writing ranks. And if you want traffic, your blogs must rank in the SERPs. So although businesses mainly prioritize best SEO practices for ranking, one must keep the readers in mind.
In this article, I’ll show how you can make a business blog to drive organic traffic that increases sales.
Why blogs are important for business
An online business requires more visibility on social media platforms or web searches. The more your website is visible on SERPs, the more you get traffic and leads. Here are some reasons behind having a blog for your business.
1. Blogging helps your business engage with the audience by providing helpful content
2. It’s very useful for internal linking and link building
3. Blogs are a great medium to promote new products or schemes
4. It helps build trust and reliability among the audience
5. Increase brand awareness across the internet
6. It also helps get new customers or clients
7. You can keep the audience up to date about your business
How to write a successful business blog
- Give what your audience demand
- Identifying the audience who’s looking for your topic
- Curate topics based on your niche
- Add a subheading with secondary & primary keywords
- Implement the keyword wherever it’s important
- Make sure to do relevant internal linking
- Add a short but effective CTA speech
- Promote on social media and other platforms
1. Identifying the audience who’s looking for your topic
Identifying future customers is very important for a business. Hence, the first thing to starting a blog for a business is to identify the audience. Practice these methods to get your audience;
Look at Analytics: Google and social media analytics help determine which posts ranked better in the past. In this way, you can figure out your audiences and comparative approach.
Check DM and Comments: Sometimes, audiences make very useful comments or DMs to social media accounts or emails. Don’t ignore all the DMs and comments thinking about spam. They can give you an idea about your progress.
Google & Twitter Trends: Trends is the best way to move forward. Using Twitter and google trends, you can see what’s going on on the internet worldwide. It will help utilize your blogs in the current situations nailing people’s thoughts.
Online Surveys: Surveys are the direct responses you get from the audience. Social media platforms like Linkedin and others are great for surveys.
2. Give what your audience demands
If you want to make a successful blog for your business, consider having a well-maintained strategy. And the first thing you must do is give your audience what they’re looking for. But how to do it? Well, it’s not that hard; all you need is to look at your buyer personas– their pain points, what situations they’re going through, and what makes them happy.
Understanding the target audience lets you precisely present your products or services to them. However, you can’t expect all the visitors to respond to your call. Hence make sure to publish the blog at the right time.
3. Curate topics based on your niche
You must target the audience based on your niche. However, if you find the niche already has a lot of published blogs available on the internet, shift your choice into micro niches. More importantly, don’t forget to create sub-topics since they play a crucial part in SERPs ranking.
To curate topic ideas, Google search is the first tool I recommend using. Search the topic you’ve imagined and see the results keenly. If the top results are from some high DA sites, consider making another topic. It’s because the competition is going to be very high if you’re a new player on your business blog.
4. Primary & secondary keywords placement
A blog post must be implemented with well-researched keywords lest it may lose the expected ranking. However, you must also optimize the article with some secondary keywords apart from the primary keyword. This practice will let your post ranking faster, covering a wide range of search queries.
Here’s a tip for adding keywords to the blog. Use headings (H2, H3,..) to optimize the keywords. In addition, you can also add keywords in the relevant context of the body and wherever you want to make inbound or outbound links.
However, ensure that the content isn’t over-optimized with keywords and doesn’t lack the minimum criteria for keyword placement. In other words, you must add keywords as often as the SEO plugins prefer.
5. Ensure relevant internal & external linking
Relevant outbound and internal linking are crucial to write a blog. These hyperlinks allow the readers to get more information from one blog to another. Similarly, you can also add landing pages to a blog to drive the audience into being a customer.
However, the relevance to the context is more critical in hyperlinking. If the reader finds the page irrelevant and exciting, he may leave your website. Unfortunately, web admins and content writers often make this mistake mistakenly or by getting hurried.
6. Write a short but effective CTA speech
Once you know how to write a blog for a business, you need to understand how to attach a CTA to it. Call to action is the practice of psychology or human emotions that drives your audience into making a purchase.
Here’s a pro tip you can use to add a CTA speech.
- Make the CTA speech after doing complete research on the buyer personas.
- The call has to be short and stick to the point.
- Let the audience think about the offer by soothing their pain points.
- Place the CTA speech in the most relevant context. It can be right after the introduction, in the middle, or at the conclusion. It’s also great to have a separate subheading for CTA.
7. Promote on social media and other platforms
Last but not least, promoting your blog on different platforms is way more essential for business blogging. Use social media like Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Instagram, etc., to promote your blog post. However, make sure to have rough followers on your social media accounts: the more followers, the better reach.
In my personal opinion, Linkedin is an excellent platform for online businesses, especially if it’s service related. And for offline businesses, Google My Business is the unbeatable platform. The exciting part is a GMB profile allows you to rank faster on local search results.
Here’s a final solution
I hope you’ve got an idea of how you can write a blog for your business. Now it’s time to practice it and make your website having for visitors. However, if you need a reliable partner to handle your business blogging, do contact Digi Marketing Tech. The marketing agency provides digital marketing services as demanded by the clients.