Best Keyword Research Tools For SEO | Free & Paid
Whether you are a newbie or a professional in content writing, you need to be updated about the best Keyword Research Tools for SEO. We all know the fact that while writing content, the vital thing we should consider is the Keywords. Keywords are crucial from the point of SEO. The choice of keywords can make either rank an article on top or can fall.
Now you may think, how can we search for the right keyword for our content? The answer to this question is straightforward. With the help of some Keyword Research Tools, you can choose the correct keywords for your content. Also, with the help of Keyword Research Tools, you can fix different SEO issues.
In this blog, we have bought you a list of 10 Keyword Research Tools that will help you find the most suitable keywords for your content.
What is Keyword Research?
Keyword Research is nothing but finding or researching those words or terms that are popular among people, and they search content related to them. People enter these terms in Search Engines like Google for surfing purposes.
If you efficiently use the keywords, it will help your content rank on Google and other search engines. Moreover, keyword research lets you observe the competitors and understand the target audience.
Importance of Keyword Research Tools
- Keyword Research Tools are vital as it helps you understand what people are searching for and what is trending among the public.
- Also, through these tools, you can identify what terms will raise the SEO bar for your content.
- A good Keyword Research Tool allows you to stay in competition as you have chances of ranking at higher places. Your reaching the top of any search engine implies that you are gaining traffic on your website and earning revenue.
- Moreover, with a good Keyword Research Tool, you can get maximum leads or clients as your website will be professional. Customers will reach your website as people are attracted to those websites which trend on the top.
Now, let us come to our main topic, Keyword Research Tools. Various tools are available on the internet for searching the right keywords. Some of them are free, while others come with some cost.
Top 10 Keyword Research Tools
We’ve presented a list of 10 Keyword Research Tools that you can use to make your content more efficient.
1. SEMrush (7-day free trial)
If you are willing to analyze what your competitors are researching, SEMrush is the tool you need. It is more of a competitive research tool that closely examines what your competition is for and how it uses the keywords to stand ahead in the race.
- You get an insight into yearly keyword trends.
- It discloses long-tail keywords.
- You get the right to access the keyword research toolkit.
- Compare with your competitors’ domains.
- The benefit of analyzing the position of keywords is SERP.
- Also, it has colorful and easy charts to understand the trends in a better way.
SEMrush comes with a 7-days free trial. However, It has three plans in store for the users. They are as follows –
- Pro – Best for newbies and small teams at $119.95/month.
- Guru – Best for agencies and mid-size businesses at $229.95/month.
- Business – Best for large agencies and enterprises and starts at $449.95/month.
2. Keyword Finder (10-days free trial)
Created by Mangools, It is an ideal tool for immediate SEO services. KW Finder covers all the crucial aspects like suggestions, long-tail variations, volume, cost per click, competition, SERP analysis, site analysis, and many more.
- It is an easy-to-use tool.
- It helps you find keywords in any language you want.
- It provides a SERP overview with suggestions.
- Moreover, it has a facility for filtering the keywords as per your need.
Keyword Finder comes with a 10-days free trial. In addition, It has three plans for you to choose from. They are as follows –
- Mangools Basic – it starts at $29.90/month.
- Mangools Premium – it starts at $44.90/month.
- Mangools Agency – it starts at $89.90/month.
3. Answer The Public (Free & Paid)
The Answer The Public tool is the best if you want to find long-tail keywords for your content. Moreover, it aggregates Google autocomplete suggestions. You will get the volume in visual form instead of suggestions or click-data. It focuses on questions that the user searches for.
- It has keyword visualization.
- It is ideal for the “People also ask” section.
- It collects data from 190+ countries.
Answer The Public offers you some free searches as per the traffic on the tool. You can buy any of the three plans to avail yourself of more benefits. They are –
- Monthly – it starts at $99/month.
- Annual – it starts at $79/month.
- Expert – it starts at $199/month.
4. Ubersuggest (Free & Paid)
It is a powerful SEO tool for knowing monthly search volume, CPC (Cost Per Click), and competition data. It helps you find keywords not only from Google but also from YouTube, Amazon, etc. Moreover, this tool allows users to help generate keyword research and ideas for their content marketing strategy.
- It is ideal for immediate SEO.
- It has filters to filter keyword suggestions, by comparison, question, and preposition variations.
- You can install Ubersuggest’s Google Chrome Extension.
- Also, the extension has graphs and trends.
- It offers a customizable location and language.
Ubersuggest comes with a 7-days free trial. It also has three plans for people who want more benefits. The plans are as below –
- Individual – Best for entrepreneurs and small businesses. It can manage 1 website. It starts at $12/month.
- Business – For small and medium enterprises. It can manage 4-7 websites. It starts at $20/month.
- Enterprise or Agency – Ideal for large businesses and agencies. It can manage 8+ websites. It starts at $40/month.
5. Google Keyword Planner (Free)
It is one of the most accurate keyword research tools. The data arrives directly from Google, and the results integrate well with AdSense monetization. It is ideal for keyword research up to an advanced level. Moreover, t also provides account insights.
- It provides accurate searches directly from Google’s search engine.
- It is the best choice for business websites.
- Also, it locates commercial keywords using the “top of page” bid range.
It is free of cost. All you need is an active account on Google Ads.
6. Ahrefs Keyword Explorer (Paid)
If you want one of the best Keyword Research Tools at a reasonable price, Ahrefs is the best pickup. It is prevalent among content creators. The tool provides a comprehensive keyword report to the user. Also, it relies on clickstream data to give unique click metrics. It is pretty similar to SEMrush but comes with some unique features.
- It offers 1,000+ keyword suggestions.
- 170+ countries use it.
- It provides an extensive SERP overview.
- Also, it is ideal for advanced SEO, link building, and click data.
Ahrefs Keyword Explorer does not provide any free trial. But, it has a trial offer at $7 for seven days for their Lite and Standard subscription plans users. The tool has four plans, as stated below –
- Lite – Best for small businesses and hobby projects. It starts at $99/month.
- Standard – For SEO professionals and in-house marketers. It starts at $199/month.
- Advanced – Ideal for indispensable tools and more data allowance as your business scales. It starts at $399/month.
- Enterprise – it is ideal for big agencies and enterprises. It starts at $999/month.
7. Google Trends (Free)
Another free tool from Google is Google Trends. It allows the user to enter multiple keywords and filter them by location, search history, and category. Moreover, it is ideal for exploring and analyzing real-time and historical search trends.
- It is suitable for identifying the evergreen value of a keyword.
- It helps you spot new trends.
- Moreover, it is ideal for content ideation, planning, and audience insights.
Google Trends is free of charge.
8. Spyfu (Paid)
If you want to analyze your competitors’ strategies, go for the Spyfu tool. This keyword research tool uncovers valuable, virtually untapped keywords and makes a vast difference. In addition, it reveals the search marketing secret formula of your most successful competitors.
- It compares various websites that are competing for the exact search term.
- It shows historical rank changes.
- Also, it has additional modules for in-depth domain analysis.
Spyfu doesn’t give any free trial. But you can use the free version to check out how the tool works and what kind of results you get. It has three plans, as discussed below –
- Basic – it starts at $39/month.
- Professional – it starts at $39 for the first month and later goes to $79 per month.
- Team – it starts at $299/month.
9. Serpstat (Free & Paid)
This tool is handy if you want complete analyses of keywords that work well for competitors. It’s ideal for ensuring your page has a lower chance of losing a favorable ranking on SERPs. In addition, this tool combines website analytics, keyword research, SERP analysis, backlink analysis, a rank tracker, and website audit features.
- It helps to find out keyword difficulty and keyword trends.
- It presents data through graphs.
- Moreover, it is economical.
You can use Serpstat for free for a limited period. All you need to do is Sign Up for a free trial. However, it offers four plans. They are as follows –
- Lite – Best for SEO individuals, freelancers, and SMBs (Small And Midsize Businesses) with a limited budget. It starts at $69/month.
- Standard – Best for established in-house teams and marketing agencies. It starts at $149/month.
- Advanced – Best for big marketing agencies and large in-house teams. It starts at $299/month.
- Enterprise – it is best for industry leaders. It starts at $499/month.
10. Long Tail Pro (7-day free trial)
This tool allows the user to generate hundreds or thousands of unique Long Tail Keywords in a few minutes based on a single or multiple root keywords. Also, this tool helps website owners to find low-competition keywords to support their SEO strategy and rank their websites.
- It gives detailed keyword metrics.
- Long tail keywords are easy to find here.
- Also, it has 2,500+ SERP lookups every 24 hours.
Long Tail Pro tool offers a 7-days free trial. Moreover, It has three plans, as discussed below –
- Starter – it starts at $37/month.
- Pro – it starts at $67/month.
- Agency – it starts at $147/month.
Note – Each Keyword Research Tool’s pricing data is from their official websites. However, the pricing may change if the authority changes it.
We have walked through the top 10 Keyword Research Tools that every content creator must know about. We hope this blog was an insightful one for you. Please stay connected with us for more such interesting blogs.
However, if you’re looking for a partner to manage your website, feel free to contact Digi Marketing Tech. We’ll more than happy to help you.